Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Shocking Reality Of Kicking The Habit?

Today most people are fighting a losing battle with trying to quit smoking. You may ask how I know? I was on of the statistics and had been smoking for almost 25 years. It was literally a habit that controlled my life. No matter where I was or what I was doing I had to had my cigarettes. Like we need air to live I needed cigarettes. Now for people that don't smoke criticizing the ones that do is easy, but in reality it is much, much harder than it looks. Most people that quit smoking usually only last a short period. This is why it is crucial to have a plan and follow through with it. Having support is another big thing.

Now I know from experience that trying to avoid stressful moments was a big part for me. The minute something started to stress me out I would want a smoke. I eventually learned how to cope with it using a little strategy, one that I was most comfortable with. Another thing that comes to mind is the fact that eating disorder is a big scare. To be honest with you I actually lost weight for the fact I was able to jog and workout where before it was very hard for me. Smoking is such a energy hog, it will take every bit of energy you do have and leaves you breathless. One thing you have to remember is that you need to take baby steps. Like with all goals it will take a little bit of want on your side. I know procrastination loves to chomp at the bits on you so what I do is try to trick her.

I just take little steps towards what I need to do. One thing you have to remember is if your trying to quit, don't put yourself down if you don't make it right away. Does anyone? Try to think of it this way, look at all the cons you get out of your life, Odors, bad health, cancer, shortness of breath, wasting money and the list literally goes on and on and on. Here is what you can do starting today. I want you to sit back and actually take a moment to think, Ok figure out why you want to quit. Now that you have that, work on just one thing at a time, don't get in a rush. Another thing that helped me is I thoroughly cleansing my system. I drank a lot of green tea and water. This helped me just flush my system to get a fresh start. Always keep a positive mind no matter what.

There are many ways to help you if you would like to learn more tips on how to help you fight this battle and Stop Smoking be sure to check out this website and get the help and support you need in you fight against smoking.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment